Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Getting Off The Grid - Going Back To Nature



I reckon some people cannot fathom that the doctors and /or medicine men got medicine from the area they lived in, out in the forest. And still to this day we get a lot of medicines from nature and not all come from a laboratory.

While I was looking around online at books that would interest me and  I ran across one that I have been wanting for a very long time. I have head people talk about this wild plant is good for this or that but I never got an answer of " How" to use it. After all with everything there can be an over dose that can lead to death and that has always stopped me from using what God gave me right here in my own back yard to use for medicine.



Now I can let go of that fear, Take another step into my journey of living free. I have a book to refer to when I need a natural remedy. I know that there will be times when a doctor or surgeon will be needed, I am not saying I am not a doctor, but if things ever got bad with the world I could help myself of need be.

What have I learned so far? 

I have learned that many of the plants I grow for the beauty of the flowers are the actual medicine that is needed to treat many aliments. 

Plants I grow for food can also be used as medicine only you dry the plant or root first them make a powder and take so much. 

Some need to be steeped into boiling water to release the medicinal properties.

While other plants its the fruits to be consumed and nothing else needed.

Not only will I use this book more often than not but I will also take notes and make up my own smaller book/notebook for just the plants that are native here and for those that I grow so that I can see what the use is faster.

Sure there will always be some plants that I will never use, one being a mushroom listed because as far as I could see it does nothing but give a people a trip, a trip into the drug world and that is what I want to stay away from. Instead I want to make topical pain relievers, especially for sore muscles from working a hard days labor.

What do you think about treating yourself when or if there are no more hospitals or pharmacies? 

This has been one of my favorite men, Tommie Bass. I heard about him when I was a kid and I have always wanted to do just what he was doing. 


By Andria Perry
Photo By Andria Perry

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like an interesting book Andria, I have pinned it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting. A Vietnamese acquaintance of ours told me once that he can live in Canada for less because when he visited the country once, he saw many edible plants we really don't bother about. That book loos like it's the answer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably. There used to be a fort open here and I used to see people from other countries picking our weeds, little did I know then that it was food.

      Delete